Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010!

It was a good year. It was a great year. We had snow in Prattville! In February!

We moved. Again! Our church secretary is having a difficult time keeping us with us.

We laughed. We loved. We celebrated birthdays and anniversaries. New babies! Elle Elizabeth came into our family and Shelby into Matt and Tara's! We lost weight, and yeah okay, so we gained some of it back. But not all of it!

The recession got bad, then began to get better! History was made and records broken. Through it all, we served a King. A King that always has at heart the best interest of His people. A King that never lies nor breaks a promise. A King that continues to heap blessings upon His followers. A King that shall reign into Eternity. Forever and ever.

I don't make New Year resolutions. I have a hard time with them because I am constantly changing my mind about most things like diet, exercise, eating healthy. Things like that. Instead I promise myself I shall try to do as much as possible to be a healthier human, a more compassionate friend, a more devout Christian, and a more relaxed person.

I promise myself to do what I can to make sure John feels loved and needed, my daughters and their men are assured of my love and appreciation, and that my grandbabies know without a doubt that their Nan would lay down her life for them. I am a very blessed woman and I know it. I shall continue to remember the Garden when times are stressful and not be distracted by angry and unhappy individuals.

Wow, what an awesome year. 2010 - look out. It's only going to get better!

1 comment:

Lisa Cobler said...

Happy New Year my friend!

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails