When a Door Opens, Move!!

When God opens a door, be prepared to hustle. We have been hustling around here for the last three weeks. From the time the sign went in the yard {less than a month ago!!}, to putting a deposit on a new apartment, to having our home inspected, to meeting the new owners {today!!}, it's been a whirlwind of activity!! And that's putting it mildly. The upswing is that John and I wake up in anticipation each day! We are making so many plans, and I have to share with you that I haven't seen him this excited since each grandchild was born! The apartments we are moving into are brand new and this man of mine can't wait to NOT have yard work or maintenance on things that don't work. He's so funny. It's going to be an adjustment for him, as he has never lived in an apartment and it is definitely a different way of living. There are things we will sorely miss ~ like a garage/carport, a swing, a deck, and having to put his water 'toys' in storage. Luckily, there is a great facility at the top of the hill from the apartment, so he won't have to go far. {hearty chuckle here!!}

However, we love the complex, the area, the idea of taking our time to build another home, and having a pool and fitness center within easy walking distance! Not to mention having less house to dust and keep up. When we decided to make this move, we just didn't think it would happen so quickly. Never, ever underestimate the power of God.

Stacey has sent new snapshots of our Mississippi babies and I'll be posting them a bit later tonight. Have I told you lately how in love with our grandbabies I am?!

2 comments:

Lynne Griffies said...

New adventures--this is just so exciting. I am so happy for you both. Lots of love and hugs from me, my friend.

Leah said...

Oh, I'm so glad you updated about the house! I had wondered what had happened!

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails