We're Home!

and we had the most relaxing time! It was overcast and cloudy most of the time, but as Johnny said years ago "a rainy day in the Smokies beats a sunny day in Alabama". We love our time in the Gatlinburg area and this trip was just as nice. My brother, Nelson, and his wife took her parents and they will all return tomorrow. One night we got together to play dominoes and eat ribs. I fell asleep listening to John and Brewer arguing over keeping score. {I do NOT play dominoes with Johnny Hood. He is too competitive for me. Besides, he always wins.}

It's been three weeks now since the surgery and I'm healing well. The binder aggravates me but I only have to wear it three more weeks! I still tire easily. Taking naps helps and I don't mind snuggling down for one! Thank you for your prayers! Hopefully, this will be the last medical procedure to correct a mistake made two years ago.

Thank you, too, for those of you that read Jenny's page and have prayed for my mother. She suffered a slight stroke Sunday and is presently in rehab. We saw her this afternoon and she's doing much better. She was growing tired by the time we left. They plan to have her up and in therapy early tomorrow. Please keep her in your prayers as she struggles to recover. She's a strong woman and I'll be glad to see her return home.

I can't wait to visit everyone and see what you've been up to! I've been to Jen's page and loved reading her 'Seen and Heard'. Hope to see some updates on other sites as well! We forgot to take the camera, bummer!, so there are no pics of our trip. But, I Googled one!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Welcome back! I missd you. Sorry to hear about your Mom. I will say a prayer for her speedy recovery.
I LOVE TN. I am (right now) looking at cabins to rent next year for Thanksgiving. They are SO beautiful. I could live there and never leave. Well maybe not never, but seldom leave. hahaha
Glad you have a nice trip and a safe travels.
I agree with your husband on the rainy day in the mountains comment.

Unknown said...

glad you are home, woman! i still love going to the shop, but it's just not the same without you there. hope you get completely healed soon. we will keep your mom in our prayers too!!

Heather said...

Glad you had a great trip and that you are home safely. I've been praying for you mom since I read Jenny's blog.

I dropped by the shop on Saturday. They had such cute items. I found one Christmas outfit that I adored, but they didn't have Audrey's size. I plan to stop by the next time I am down.

Haley said...

glad your home and doing well! We are praying for your mom.

Sheri said...

Sigh! This picture you googled makes me want to be there too! It's also one of my favorite places! Glad you are continuing to feel better! Johnny sounds an awful lot like my husband when it comes to games! They'd probably give each other a run for their money! :) I'll be praying for your mom.

Kristi said...

I'm glad you had a great time! Did you get much color? It peaked while we were there, so I thought you might not see much... We share your love that that beautiful place!

Stacia said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip and made it home safe. Sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep her in my prayers.

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails