Mississippi Babes~

I am in love.
With two babies in Mississippi.
I wonder how much longer
I can get away with calling them babies?
Not much longer.
Austin is already five,
and a kindergartner.
Alaina recently turned three.
Ah, Stacey, have another baby.
Pul-lease?
I cut out the other girls.
I don't know them.
Austin approaches everything
and everyone with gusto.
Just like taking this picture,
with his favorite man in red.

And this sweet angel?
She's looking for her Pa & Nan, I'm sure!
Or maybe the Man in Red?
Nah, she's looking for us.

2 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh sweet Nancy....your family is such a precious one!!! You remind me of one of the Steel Magnolias in the movie...a wonderful woman who loves her family like breath. I wish you a blessed and Merry Christmas sweet friend and a very happy and healthy New Year!!! hugs and love from Georgia ~ xxoo, Dawn

Stacia said...

Your Mississippi Babies are precious! I'm sure they'll let you call them whatever for as long as you want to. And the Christmas decorations around your home are so pretty!! I love seeing everyones pictures because that gives me great ideas for next year :-)

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails