Tastefully Tuesdays

John & I both are dealing with sinus infections. He went to our family doctor this morning and got an antibiotic. I think I will call in the morning and ask for one. He said the waiting room was filled with sickos. It's time like this that I begin wanting comfort food, and this recipe hits the spot.

Growing up our mother made tuna casserole using a homemade white sauce. Our daughter, Leslie, improved upon this recipe by using Campbell's soup and I love it even better than the original! Here it is! Enjoy~

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 large can tuna, drained and flaked
bag of cooked egg noodles
dry bread crumbs
1 tbsp. butter or margarine

Mix soup, milk, tuna and noodles in casserole. Bake at 400°F. for 20 min. or until hot. Stir. Mix bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle on top. Bake 5 minutes. Yum!!! Now, go get a quilt, a glass of iced tea and cuddle up while you eat!

3 comments:

Lisa Cobler said...

I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds wonderful.

The Feathered Nest said...

Hey sweetie, please take good care and rest...I hope you and John are feeling better fast!!! I just came out of that yuck and it was not pretty ~ Wishing you well, xxoo, Dawn

Heidi said...

This looks yum! Does it have english peas in there? It looks like green things or am I just seeing things.

I hope you guys feel better soon...

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails