He is My Refuge

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1

I have been ill with a sinus infection and have felt horrid. Have you noticed how it's during the days we don't feel good that ugly and scary parts of our past push into the present or worry tries to wreck today? It's times such as this that Satan preys on our weakness. This was my devotional a few days ago. The words ministered to my spirit and brought comfort when my thoughts wanted to carry me back into some dark times in my life.

"My child, sit down in the boat. Don't look at the billowing waves or the sea spewing its anger in all directions. I made the wind and the sea; they listen and obey My voice. I walk on the clouds, and they thunder their praise. I blink My eyes, and lightning reflects My power. I hold out My hand, and the storms are stilled. So, take My hand, sit down, and relax. Do you think the God who knows the number of hairs on your head will abandon you in your greatest hour of need? Be still, My child. You are safe with Me."

What a beautiful Saviour I serve. When the storms rage, we have Him. During trials and times of fear, He is our strength. He is a solid hiding place and refuge. We can truly rest in Him and be secure. I may not know all the answers to the 'why's' but He does and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails