Sweet Words From LA ~

Hi Nancy,
My name is Patti, I live in south Alabama, LA as it's called here. I have been reading blogs for several years, guess I'm what they call a lurker. Anyway, I just found yours and love it. Being a southern gal in Bama, it's always fun to find blogs of other Christian women in the south. I've been wanting to start blogging, still would like to, but not sure I have the computer knowledge to do so or that I have anything interesting enough to write. But it's still something I'm seriously considering.
Anyway, I hope you don't mine this email, I just wanted to let you know that there are some who enjoy your blog. It's encouraging and inspiring and fun.
I am also a big Bama fan, so that caught my attention too. ROLL TIDE
Blessings to you and your family,
Patti
*    *    *    *    *    *
I received the above email earlier this week and thought it the sweetest words. Thank you, Patti, for making my day. I'm a lurker too on several blogs, but know how much comments mean so I try hard to say something on those that don't have many comments. Blogging is easy and if you're considering it, then do it.

It's very easy. I use Blogger.com and although they have gone to a new template designer you can use their old templates. I like Minima. Did the rest of you know that?!  If you go to Design, click on HTML, and scroll all the way to the bottom, look to the lower left hand corner, and you'll be able to access the old templates. You will not be able to use the new design editor, but the only thing I like about it is that you're able to enlarge photos easier. If I were advising someone, I would recommend the older style. This way, when you begin playing around with changing your background, it's easier.

I have a growing list of places to go to find cute, adorable, and seasonal backgrounds! You'll find this list on the right hand side of this site. If you have a three column blog (I did mine myself, but with the new blogger layouts, you have the choice!) make sure you choose a background for a three column. I have other blogs that I keep and at times the writing runs over into the background. To remedy this, go back and choose to install the three column background. This gives you plenty of room.

For problems with blogs, this site is awesome! Tips for New Bloggers is a place I've gone to quite often. Patti, it's a great way to keep up with family and friends, to pick up craft and home decor tips, new recipes, and to share what you know with others. At one time I felt as if I had to be entertaining, that I had to write everyday. I don't feel that way anymore. This is for me, to share part of our life that are important to me, to share His word and how He has worked in our lives, to share things I feel others may enjoy as much as us.

I would suggest you begin and just see where it goes :) Be sure and leave me a comment or send an email with your blog address and I'll add it to my list of Friends and Family! Blogger is easy to use. Blogger.com is where you begin :) Don't worry about the name of a background when you sign up for one. You can always change it and I'll be glad to help you with any questions you may have.

Again, thank you for you sweetness. There's a group of us in this area that met once for lunch and have talked about doing it again. Time just gets away from us! If you read The Lettered Cottage, Kevin and Layla Palmer, they live here in Prattville! They live on a street of older homes, charming homes.

For those of you, lurkers, that are even thinking about beginning a blog, I encourage you to do so. You met many very nice people and there are some beautiful home decor blogs out there, which are my favs. It's a great way to keep up with those you love but don't see often enough and some you rarely see.

To all of you, I pray the New Year has begun with good health, happiness, and sprinkled with lots of laughter. May He continue to hold you close to His heart ~ Nancy

2 comments:

Becca Bertotti said...

Hi Nancy! Just popping over to say that I hope you had a wonderful holiday with family and friends! Can you believe that January is almost half over? Time is flying too quickly! How fun you live near Layla and Kevin ... what a sweet, talented couple. I hope that their adoption plans come to fruition soon! Well, friend, Happy New Year! Hugs, Becca

Nancy Hood said...

Becca, I met them when I purchased an item they were selling several years ago. They are just as down to earth and sweet as can be. It's obvious they're crazy about each other and love life. They are both very artistic and talented. Thank you for YOUR sweet words!

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails