"Finally, brethren, whatsoever is true, whatsoever is honorable, whatsoever is right, whatsoever is pure, whatsoever is lovely, whatsoever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things." Philippians 4:8
1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is? Yes, a dark blonde that I keep highlighted. Oh to have that soft, light blonde color I had as a child.
2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants? Pretty much fly by the seat of our pants, it's more interesting this way. Our vacations are not filled with itineraries. We pick a place, then get up when we want, go when we want, eat where we want, and just let our day create itself. Drives some our friends crazy, though.
3. What is your favorite meal to cook? I do not cook as often now that we are empty nesters, but my favorite meal to cook when our daughters were home was roast beef with veggies, rolls, and lots of sweet tea. Normally an apple pie with ice cream for dessert. Yummy! Wish I had a plate right now!
4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous? I do not waste my time wondering and worrying and fussing when I don't get thank you's. When you give a gift, it's to be obligation free. I know of one person that kept a notebook with gifts that had been given to her children and the app. price so that she would spend that much/that little on them. Horrors. I give freely and without another thought.
5. How did you meet your best friend? Which one?! I have best friends in every facet of my life and love them to death. I don't have any best friends from high school that I see anymore, but do from my college days and of course, throughout my teaching career and the congregations we worshipped with over the years. I am also blessed to have three daughters that I feel are three of my best ones. God has been good in placing special women in my life exactly where and when they are needed.