the Bread Pudding at the 'Ohana
in the Polynesian Resort
heaven in the form of bread, custard,
crisp sides, and cream
I love bread pudding,
other than a place in Jackson MS
that uses white chocolate,
this, at the Ohana,
has to be the best
Go to DisneyWorld, try it. Fall in love.
If you don't like bread pudding,
it will make you a believer.
I have my doubts that this recipe
will make it taste exactly as I dream.
But one can hope. Here it is ~
'OHANA BREAD PUDDING
3 cups whole milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup sugar
8 cups french or 'Ohana breakfast bread
1. In bowl mix eggs, milk , salt, sugar and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Cut bread in medium pieces, place on cookie sheet pan put in 350 degree oven.
3. Bake bread until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Remove bread and place in egg and milk mixture.
4. Place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan and bake at 325 degree for 1 hour.
5. Let stand 5 minutes, serve hot with ice cream.
BANANA FOSTER SAUCE
4 oz sugar
4 oz brown sugar
4 oz corn syrup
4 oz unsalted butter
1cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1cup banana slices
1. Combine sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and half of heavy cream in a large pan. Bring to a boil and slowly add remaining heavy cream keeping mixture at a steady boil.
2. Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.
If YOU have a recipe that you think tastes more like the 'Ohana, please please, leave me the recipe!!