Oh, Dick Clark. A massive heart attack took him out of our world. I grew up with him and American Bandstand and even watched a few of his game shows. He was great at what he did and who will ever forget American Bandstand?! Here's a clip I found that shows dances of the day and the dress of the teens.
Dick Clark made a lot of different just by having the singers on his show. I know I loved American Bandstand and dreamed of being on it. Always would go to my bedroom, make sure my sister wasn't there, close the door, turn on the radio, and try out the dances. Oh, to be a dancer on American Bandstand!
Dick Clark, died of a massive heart attack today at the age of 82. He will be missed.The photo below is how I first remember seeing him. And you know? He was always smiling.

No comments:

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails