Christmas & Cavemen

I took quite a few snapshots tonight hoping to be able to show you some of our Christmas decor. Unfortunately, it was dark outside and obviously inside as well ~ because even with my flash they were still too dark to lighten. Also, it's only AFTER I upload them to the computer do I notice that "hey, I should've moved the mail" or "shoot, it looks like John's head is growing a lampshade". Whatever. This is the only shot worth showing. And it's not even a truly decorated area! I just put some holly greenery on top of the cabinet. So, here's a stab at a snapshot of our Christmas decor. Hopefully, this weekend I'll finish decorating and can get some decent pictures on here to share with you~
On another note, the pain of a throbbing headache woke me up at 5:33 this morning. I managed to get up, follow the wall to the kitchen, find a bottle of pain medication, and realize we had no icy coke to chase it with. I don't know about you, but I like either icy cola or icy sweet tea if I have to take a tablet or liquid. Not water. Unless it's UTI meds, but that's another story.

Ugh, there was nothing in the house but water and milk. Wait! there was a jar of pink grapefruit, so I chased two pain meds with pink grapefruit juice from the jar. Didn't taste so bad, since mouth gunk is nasty that time of day to begin with.

John came in about two hours later and my head was still pounding. He let me sleep much of the morning and left something on my computer to help me smile when I got up. You'll see below what that was. And yes, it did make me smile. In fact, had I felt better I would've laughed out loud. You see, I love love love the cavemen commercials! Well, most of them. Here lately some are just plain stupid. I apologize ahead of time for all you Auburn fans. I promise I would've shared this had it been Alabama. Honest, I would have. I just love the caveman.

I also love the commercials about Jack Link's Beef Jerky with Sasquatch. Just thought you might like knowing that about me. And if you don't, well, you probably wouldn't be reading this anyway. {Hint, click on the Jack part to see one of my favorite Sasquatch ads!} and have an extra nice Friday. Maybe if we be nice and eat our peas, it'll snow here. Then again, not everything our mommies told us at the dinner table came true. But we can still wish and hope!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I like the greenery, great idea. I may snatch it next year when my cupboards are done. (getting ready to paint them)
Can not wait to see the rest of the pix.
Funny caveman ad/pic.
Have a GREAT weekend.
Hope you are feeling better.

Audrey said...

I love your greenery idea as well. I also love how you placed those beautiful baskets. Very nice.

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails