The Law Is the Law

If the United States government decides that it is against the law for the words "In God We Trust" to be on our money, then, so be it. If that same government decides the Ten Commandments should not be displayed in, or on, government installations, then, so be it. I say 'so be it', as I consider myself a law abiding American citizen. I would like to think there are people smarter than me in positions to make good decisions. I would like to think those people have the American public's best interests at heart.

But you know what else I'd like? Since we cannot pray to God, acknowledge God, or display His commandments in government places, I don't believe the government (federal, state, local) and it's employees should participate in any religious holiday, as these honor a God the government is striving to eliminate from the many facets of American life. I would like my mail delivered on Good Friday, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. After all, it's just another day. I would like the United States Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and Good Friday as this is simply just another day. I'd like the House of Representatives and the Senate to work right on through the breaks they normally take for Christmas.
In fact, the government should work right through Sundays, as this is a day set aside to worship a God they wish to ignore trying to be "politically correct". I don't know about you, but my family believes we have remained silent too long. It's time God fearing and God loving Americans arise, be counted, be heard, and stand firm. Save the Motto. In God we trust. Now and forever.

No comments:

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails