Tasty Tuesday!

I've been sick. Something that should have cleared itself up with medicine didn't. It went into hiding and became silent but deadly. My doctor said when a urinary tract infection goes into the bloodstream, it can kill. Mine got into my bloodstream. The meds took care of the UTI, but now I'm left dealing with a reaction the to the antibiotic and the sickness from an infection still raging in my blood. I'm telling you this to explain why I haven't been on lately. I've been getting to know my bed in a very intimate way. One of those, "Oh no, John, you are NOT sleeping here tonight. I need the whole bed." Who was it that said, "I vant to be alone". Well, I said that several nights. And days. I've been crabby and irritable. My poor family. I have not been as I should have been But I feel almost like myself today!  Thank you, God!

These cookies look too good and when I saw the ingredients I quickly envisioned me, with a piled high plate of monster cookies, a pitcher of iced tea, and great action/thriller movie.  Check this recipe out! (When I'm watching a good movie from Netflix, I like foods you can eat easily with a fork, or those where you USE your fingers! You will find these and more at Tasty Kitchen, Ree Drummond's Recipe site. One could spend hours coming up with all kinds of menus! I don't have her cookbook. I used to collect them, then realized how little I used them. I can get one quicker online! Her recipe is easy to read, but then, this is a really easy recipe. Dump, mix, bake, inhale.

This recipe is one being featured. Next to Olive Garden's salad, or the Strawberry/Roasted Pecans salad made, and eaten with a blissful face,at the Grand Resort in Point Clear, Alabama. Love the surroundings, love the resort itself and the food is out of this world. It's that good. Shrimp and cucumbers! You can find this recipe here. Again, easy to make, scrumptious to the tastebuds! I might use crab or lobster meat.
I was browsing though years of family photos a few weeks ago and began to notice a theme. There was always food in them! Around a table, outside on a deck, picnics in the Smokies, sand and surf, holidays-wow, all that food at holidays! There's something satisfying and happy when people who love to be with you get together and visit over good food. My girlfriends and family are awesome at doing just this. Would you make the above recipes? I would love for you to leave a comment and tell me what your favorite cookie is and what salad do you crave?!  Happy Fall!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Great Garbo said it. :)

Nancy Hood said...

yay for you! Personally, I was thinking Theda Bara, but forgot she was ONLY in silent films. ONLY silent films haha

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Nancy!!! I'm so so glad you're starting to feel better! Infections can be scary things ~ keep resting and taking very good care of yourself please :) Thank you for cheering me on sweetie through my move and unpacking, I'm still not finished but your comments always make me smile, hugs and love, Dawn

Tee said...

So glad you're feeling better! I read your story today. Just amazingly beautiful.

I make no secret that chocolate chip cookies are my all time favorite, but I discovered those Betty Crocker pumpkin spice cookies recently and can't seem to get enough of them, although my hips would probably disagree and say that I have indeed had enough. I crave Strawberry Chicken Salad from Panera Bread. It's probably about ready to retire from their menu for the season soon - boo.

~ from The Letter Writer ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails